Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Knitting

I have started with Christmas presents already, so happy to be doing this!! More socks and I am making a hat from a new pattern. It was my son's idea, he wanted an ear flap hat. So I searched the internet and found this pattern. There was one error I found in the pattern, but otherwise it is a great pattern. I made two and inserted one inside the other, crocheted around the edge and have a reversible ear flap hat now. It looks a little odd on a fist but is so cute on a head, and it will make great Christmas presents. And this is my craft of the week, for Craft it Wednesday :-)

3 comments:

A Present Moment said...

LOVE the color! Your so talented and full of color : )

Wenwe said...

Looks great! I think I'll make a single for my dad... what is the error? And Did you use lopi yarn or something else? If Lopi, where did you get it?

Pam Genant said...

wendy, I can't remember the error off the top of my head I would have to go back through the directions. But it seems to me it was something that jumps out at you when you get to it. I did not use the lopi yarn, I just picked up a nice, wool blend. If you are making just a single, I would make it a thicker wool. The blend makes it washable, and I use it for hats, mittens, things that might get wet outside anyway.