Thursday, April 1, 2010

Letters That I'll Never Send

Dear Foolish Me,

I looked up the word foolish and just as I thought: "Lacking or exhibiting a lack of good sense or judgment; silly".
I am glad you are becoming more foolish as you get older. As a child you were the "good girl", always thoughtful, predictable, doing what you were told, finishing what you started, good grades, trustworthy, dependable....Now you are learning to see things through your children's eyes, running in the rain, walking on that log across the creek, dancing in the field watched by the chickens, still somewhat predictable but more free than you have ever been. Learning to mean what you say, and say what you mean, putting your needs right up there with your children's, husband's and friend's. Not taking on more than you WANT to do, and wanting to do everything you take on. Being foolish is a nice trait to have. Sometimes too much forethought and caution hold you back from experiencing everything life has to offer. But you are gaining a nice balance, good job...foolish me, thank you for making an appearance.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love this, Pam! I am also spending these years becoming a more foolish me. More willing to laugh and play and take risks and try new things. Taking myself much less seriously and so much happier and lighter for it!

Wenwe said...

Go Pam!!!