Friday, March 5, 2010

Crochet Table Runner

I know this is a little late for Craft It Wednesday but I did have it complete by Wednesday, it has just taken me a few days to get the pic loaded to my computer and onto my blog. Here are the directions for the pattern:

With A, ch 206 loosely.
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Miss next ch. (1 sc. Ch 2. 1 sc) in next ch - Shell made. *(Miss next 2 ch. Shell in next ch) 4 times. ** Miss next 2 ch. (Shell. Ch 3. Shell) in next ch. Rep from * to ** once more. Miss next 2 ch. 1 sc in next ch. Miss next 3 ch. 1 sc in next ch. *** Rep from * to *** 4 times more. (Miss next 2 ch. Shell in next ch) 4 times more. Miss next 2 ch. (Shell. Ch 3. Shell) in next ch. (Miss next 2 ch. Shell in next ch) 5 times. Miss next ch. 1 dc in last ch. Join B. Turn.

2nd row: With B, ch 1. 1 sc in first dc. 1 sc in top of next Shell. Shell in top of each of next 5 Shells. *(Shell. Ch 3. Shell in next ch-3 sp. Shell in top of each of next 4 Shells. 1 sc in top of each of next 2 Shells. Shell in top of each of next 4 Shells. Rep from * 4 times more. (Shell. Ch 3. Shell) in next ch-3 sp. Shell in top of each of next 5 Shells. 1 sc in next ch-2 sp. 1 dc in last sc. Join C. Turn.

3rd row: With C, as 2nd row. Join A at end of row. Last 3 rows form Stripe Pat. Keeping cont of Stripe Pat, rep 2nd row until side of Afghan measures approx 55 ins [139.5 cm], ending with A. Fasten off.

If you go to the site it will have a picture for an afghan. I wanted a table runner so I made it narrower, and because of the nubby yarn I chose mine came out a bit different than the picture, although it would have made a luxurious afghan as it was so thick and soft and warm...mmmm.








6 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

Wow! That's beautiful. I bet it took alot of hard work for that.

Kathy said...

That's really beautiful. I love when you share your projects. I love that crystal ball, too.

Wenwe said...

I love it! Are there two different colors in it? Great texture!

Khourt said...

That is great! Ive not crocheted in a long time because I cant find something I want to make. I might just make this!

Heather said...

I love this! And it just might be simple enough for me to complete...

Thanks for sharing!

lv2scpbk said...

I now have a new giveaway posted. I would love for you to visit my blog and giveaway at Craft it Wednesday when you have the time.