Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Afghan and Craft it Wednesday project


I just finished another afghan, I am in a crocheting mood lately so the knitting needles are sitting on the ottoman and the crochet hooks are smokin'. This particular afghan pattern comes from the book Crochet Afghans by the Pound, by Rita Weiss. Although I think the "pound" thing is not a very good guide because I make my afghans to suit the purpose so they are quite often wider or longer than stated in the pattern, I rarely go exactly by the pattern.

I don't want to take credit away from the author so I am not posting the pattern on my blog. But it is the Lovely Lilacs pattern on page 17 of the book.

I used a variegated yarn with greens and purples, although in the wider shot the color looks blue, you can see in the close up shot the truer colors. I think my friends will be getting afghans for Christmas this year instead of socks. :-)





1 comment:

lv2scpbk said...

That is too cute. Love it.