Tuesday, February 23, 2010

crochet


I haven't crocheted for quite some time now, have been knitting more. A friend showed me a cool looking, easy crochet stitch, really a combination of stitches to make up a pattern. I decided it would be a nice treat for my aunt. Her husband died not too long ago, and I thought a nice home made afghan might be a nice treat to keep her warm on these chilly winter nights. Bring a little more joy into her life and just let her know I love her. Not knowing her favorite colors I picked a couple of generic colors, cream and green. So this is my craft of the week, I know it isn't Wednesday but I will post it to the craft it Wednesday site tomorrow. I think I am going to crochet another afghan or two to have on hand for presents, they go quickly and easily.


On another note. I have my lap top fixed, well the cord fixed so I hope to be finishing up my knitted sock instructions in the next few days. I had all my pics for that on my lap top. Along with the directions for this afghan.

3 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

That is beautiful. I wish I had that much talent to create that.

Ekip2 said...

So pretty! I really like the pattern. What a great, thoughtful gift for your aunt - it will be like a hug from you all the time!

I need to venture out and try fringe - I decided it intimidates me LOL

Andrea

Terry said...

It was a hug from the heart and it does keep me warm. Thank you for a special present from the heart from a special niece. I love you.
Aunt Terry