Monday, December 21, 2009

Let It Snow

I can't remember if I have blogged about this before, but Phillip, my youngest, has been wanting snow this year, like REALLY wanting snow. One year we took a weekend trip to the mountains so we could be *in* the snow. It just doesn't really snow here. I am so thrilled with that, but my youngest would like some. We have discussed different options and one that we all agree on is taking another trip to the mountains if it doesn't snow here by the end of January.

Well it snowed, and snowed and snowed. Friday and Saturday, wonderful white stuff falling from the sky. Not the snow I grew up with, this was a nice wet snow, the kind you can sled in and make snow men. It was relatively warm out, reaching mid 30s to 40s during the day. We got around 8-10 inches, of course much of that has melted now but it provided our household with days of such blissful joy, playing in the snow, showing my boys how to make a sledding path down the hill, helping build snow gnomes when it first started snowing, and a snow man once it had accumulated. We all had fun. And I am so happy that the Universe saw fit to fulfill my son's dreams of snow this year. We are hoping for a couple more good snow storms before the winter is over (if you are listening Universe). What joy!!

No comments: