Monday, October 12, 2009

Working for MY Family

I do so many things for the homeschooling community. Not alone, by any means, most of these things are group efforts. I work on hosting different events for my children. I work on the Love to Learn Conference because I believe that NC needs an inclusive HOMESCHOOL conference.

But this past weekend was wonderful. It was a lot of hard work but it was more than worth it. It truly was for me and the whole family. Don't get me wrong I enjoy doing lots of different things, for myself and for my children, but this accomplished both in one swoop. I coordinated a couple of fun sessions that my children were interested in. I was able to participate in a couple of chats for myself. Spend time with Jackson, and there was time during the day where I could go out into the park and enjoy time with family, running, playing and just having fun. And there was time for me to get together with friends and reconnect, some friends I see on a regular basis, some that I don't see often enough, and some friends that I had never met before!!

It was just a wonderful opportunity, and I returned home feeling so recharged. Which is unusual. For the most part when I help organize things like this, it is a lot of effort, I thoroughly enjoy it and usually come away exhausted. But when I returned home last night I just had so much energy, went ahead and cleaned up all of our travel "stuff", finished laundry with energy to clean the house a little. I so can't wait to get started on next year's getaway. What a blessing, to have friends like I have, to have the family that I have. Such a joy, when it all comes together.

No comments: