Thursday, October 29, 2009

Setrock Creek Falls Hike

Every month I organize a hike somewhere not too far away. Just a group of friends. I always have thought that with all these mountains and waterfalls, as a family, we could go anytime to hike in the mountains. But the truth is that when Jackson is home, exhausted from long days at work, hiking is not first on our list of things to do. We have fun, usually, right around the house, playing games and being together.

So I started scheduling a day each month to go hiking, and I invite our friends to come along. We usually have a great group, around 4-6 families, all ages and experience levels etc. And we hike, each at our own pace, looking at everything along the way.

Just so much fun, the boys have really been enjoying these hikes as much as I. And we have seen some amazing waterfalls. I am in awe each and every time, the water just seems to come from the sky and falls down on the rocks, carving out a path along it's way, leaving it's mark on this world. Yesterday was no exception, beautiful scenery, a wonderful hike with amazing friends, time to play, and chat, just a lovely day.

No comments: