Sunday, October 25, 2009

October Sunrise

Getting up early with the puppy has it's upsides. I get to have some quiet time to think, drink my chai, answer e mails and blog. Also I have the incredible opportunity to see some magnificent sunrises. The one a few days ago was particularly colorful. "...Red sky in the morning sailors take warning." I remember that from my childhood, my dad was a fisherman.

And this particular sky was actually followed by a few days of stormy weather, hmmm maybe there is something to that old saying.

The colors are beautiful, but the came can't capture the true magnificence of the sunrise. But this one is straight out of the camera.

3 comments:

gengen said...

Beautiful sunrise good shot dear. happy SOOC Sunday.

Lynn said...

A sky like that is worth the getting up early.

Jan said...

I think it's beautiful. I love sunrises and sunsets. Thanks for playing along, today.