Friday, May 1, 2009

Socks

I am working on my etsy store. While I was immobile after my ankle surgery, I had plenty of time to knit. There is only so much you can do while sitting on the couch. So, I would turn on an audio book and knit. In four months I made 13 pair of socks. One pair for a friend, one is still waiting to be loaded in my etsy store and 11 that are up and ready for sale. Well I think there are 10 pair now, one pair has been purchased. They look impressive all stacked up here by my computer. I love the colors and textures.

It is almost meditative to sit and knit. Very repetitive, almost like a mantra....knit...knit...knit...knit. With certain yarns you can hear the needles clicking in a rhythmic chant. Very soothing, during a time when frustration could have easily taken over my life. A great BIG thank you to my mom for showing me how to knit.

No comments: