Saturday, April 18, 2009

School's Out Forever....

I have been so busy lately that my blogging has taken a back seat. I really enjoy the blogging, getting my thoughts out there and off my mind. So I really want to take the time to do what I enjoy. That includes so many things these days. I have been meditating at least three times a week, that is a plus for me. Not the every-day-meditation that I had intended, but my goals had to be re evaluated as my life unfolded, and I have settled into a much more easy, self-fulfilling schedule. After all that is my goal, to please myself, and do what makes me happy and brings joy into my life.

One of the things I have been working on is a venture of the Homeschool Alliance of North Carolina, Inc., a getaway. We hope this will be a yearly event. To just get away with other homeschoolers, share what brings us joy with whoever wants to participate, go to outstanding vacation spots and just relax, spend time with family and friends and "make it happen". It is called the School's Out Forever Getaway, because it is geared toward those of us who have left the notion of school behind us and are dancing to our own beat. It will take place at the Stone Mountain Park in Georgia this year, October 8-11. We have negotiated great hotel rates (thus taking up some of my blogging time), as well as other activities and events. I would love for all my friends to join me, it will be such a nice relaxing time, a great hotel, right in the heart of the park. So think about it, plan for it, start saving now and come have FUN!!!

Just a teaser, this place has one of the largest, most interactive ropes courses I have ever seen. The boys and I are soooo looking forward to climbing around.

No comments: