Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Left Leg

OK so my blogging has been a little lax lately. I had an ortho appointment yesterday and while I was sitting on the couch resting my aching leg, I decided to snap a few pictures. The swelling is mostly down, the incisions look pretty good so I thought I would show you all where I am at with my healing.

This picture is the inside incision. The scar is looking nice. I know it looks a little red in the picture but it has faded a lot. In the picture you can see some of the swelling but really it usually is not even that much. I was walking quite a bit yesterday with my appointment and groceries etc.




This is the outside incision on my ankle. It is not quite twice as long as the interior one, but looks a little "uglier", a little bit more red. I did look a the x rays yesterday, something I have not wanted to do so far. I was shocked at how much metal is in my ankle now. But glad the specialty exists, so blessed.

Here are my legs from my perspective, well from the knees down anyway. Beautiful, huh! You can see that my left leg has less muscle tone, but it is coming back now that I can walk on it. It is amazing what 7 weeks of immobility will do.
So that sums up my progress. Only 5 more weeks and I will be done.

1 comment:

Beachbum said...

You are healing amazingly. The muscles will, indeed, come back. Keep up the great work! And thanks for the update. You are thought of often.