Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter Fun

We are back from the FLT Winter Gathering. Had so much fun, but forgot my camera....no pictures. :-(

So today I thought I would write about the snow. Here in our area of NC we usually only get maybe one snow a year, and usually not enough to do anything. About a week ago it snowed. The boys were so excited, it was about 10:00 in the evening when it started. So we waited a couple of house and there it was, around 1 1/2 inches of snow. Enough for the boys to get on their coats and, with dads help, build a snowman. Not enough snow to sled, but enough to play. That snow man was so cute, so small, and they were so happy with that little bit of snow. I wasn't able to be outside in the wet with my cast, but I sent the camera outside so I could enjoy the pictures. And the boys brought me a snowball, so I could feel the snow and share in the joy. Of course we froze the snowball in a baggie with the date so we would know the year of this particular snow.

Now the snow has all melted, really it only lasted a few hours. When the sun came up everything started melting. But we look at the pictures at least daily for now.

No comments: