Sunday, December 28, 2008

Catching up

I have some blog catching up to do. So hopefully over the next couple of days I can post about all the exciting things going on in our lives. First was Winter Solstice. After the longest night we wait for the sun to come up in the morning, keeping a fire going all night. It was wonderful and this year it was sunny, although cold, and clear. So we could see the sun as it rose up over the tree tops. So beautiful. Jackson had a full day so he went to work early, before sunrise and he set the alarm for me. I did not realize how much I disliked getting up to the alarm, it has been years since I have woken by alarm, and I do not like it. But it was all OK in the end. I waited about 30 minutes then woke the boys.

As we waited for the sunrise Jackson drove home, just in time. And we were all so excited that he took time out of his busy day to come home and watch the sun rise with us. It was spectacular. And after watching the sun rise we came into the warm indoors and had hot chocolate and wish bread for breakfast. What a wonderful family time.

No comments: