Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Recycled Bag

I have been so busy lately getting ready for the Love to Learn Conference and the Live and Learn Conference. But I still manage to carve out a little time for my create outlets. I blogged a bit about the T shirts my boys decided to get rid of. As they were sitting there on the floor I was trying to think of a way to recycle them into something other than rags. I started cutting and cut myself some "yarn". I just trimmed off the bottom hem, then started cutting 1/4-1/2 inch spirals up the body of the T-shirt, and ended when I reached the arms. So each shirt created a good sized ball of yarn. I knotted each ball together as I crocheted and came out with this lovely bag.


I used on of my sons button up, dragon shirts for the liner. Just sewed up the buttons, used one of the short sleeves as a pocked. For my bag it worked out just the right size if I cut the shirt off just under the arms and sewed across that cut. I use the bottom 1/2 of the shirt for the liner. Just sewed it into my bag. Added a button from my mom's button collection.


I love this bag. Love the colors. Any of you from previous Live and Learn Conferences will recognize the tie died blue T shirts in there, I think they were from the St Louis conference. The colors remind me of one of my favorite places, the ocean. Think I will try it out tonight for MNO.

2 comments:

Faith Void said...

That is an amazing bag. I love to knit with cut up stuff but mine didn't come out so lovely! It is gorgeous.

gail said...

Really cool bag, Pam. I'd love to see this...are you bringing it to L & L?