Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Creative Endeavors

My boys are so wonderfully creative. I am sure all parents say that, but I want to publicly say what special, unique individuals they truly are. Phillip bought some hematite chunks, magnetic. He has had them for several years and keeps them in the pocket in front of his seat in the car. This past week he bought some more. He adores these magnets, LOL. And on the ride home from our vacation he was manipulating the magnets and playing around. We were all in stitches, so creative and wonderful and joyful. A lovely day and even lovelier because we were together enjoying what many would consider an insanely long, boring ride across the country. I know so many who would think us crazy and say "how could you possibly want to be stuck in a car for days with your children". BECAUSE I LIKE THEM. I truly like my boys. It is such fun to be around them, I am so blessed to have the time to spend with them, grateful for deciding to spend so much with the people I love. Here are a few pictures of Phil, maybe they will make you smile as well.








2 comments:

Robyn L. Coburn said...

If your sons like magnets, check these out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gidumziw4JE

www.TheNeoCube.com

James just bought something like 230 and is having lots of fun.
200+ sounds like a lot, but it isn't.

Anonymous said...

i love those magnets. My son has a set of the Snake magnets or rattlers, something like that and we ended up buying a set for my father in law b/c he played with my sons so much! And I appreciate what you said about deciding to spend so much time with the people you love. That's what homeschooling for us is all about. Thanks for that reminder.