Thursday, May 22, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude

OK so I need to change my attitude a bit and thought this might just be the ticket, some gratitude. So let me lay out the ground work for the feelings I am wallowing in right now. We are planning a 2 week trip to Canada, and are leaving in a another week or so. We will be out of contact for part of that time, meaning no cell phone signal, no phone, no computer etc. You get the picture. We have been talking about getting a security system for some time but have put it on the back burner waiting for other things that have taken precedence.


My youngest son tends to worry about things like that, he goes around at night with Jackson checking the locks, he thinks about what would happen if someone broke in while we were away. It started when, a couple of years ago, someone broke into our car, parked here in our dooryard, and stole a cell phone, dvd player and some money. This person was later caught but it was disturbing for us, so close to where we were sleeping.



This week we had the security system installed, Phillip is feeling much better about our trip and most everything is working properly. I say most everything because there is a cell back up to the system, in case we lose power and the phone goes out. OK that cell back up keeps signaling that it is not working, not continuously but randomly. My thought is that maybe the cell signal in the closet is not the best ;-) So now we have to do all these tests to figure out what the problem is and I am feeling like a prisoner in my own home. I don't dare activate the system because of this random problem, it will signal that something is wrong, and the alarm will sound, etc etc, you can imagine what is going through my head, especially if we are not home. Which is what inspired us to act on this now, as we will NOT be home.


Just a feeling of being trapped, waiting for that beeping again telling me that the signal is bad.


So now I need to adjust the attitude, and I am so grateful for a son who cares so deeply and passionately. Who feels things deep inside himself, and freely expresses this. I am grateful for a family that is so worthy of protection. It will work out, I will get through these tests, and the problem will be fixed. Gratitude for the time necessary to work it all out. And also gratitude for Robyn who created this lovely doll, who at the present is nameless. She sits by my computer reminding me each and every day to be grateful.




Attitude of Gratitude

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hi! Thanks for participating! I am glad you "turned it around" and I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip.

I like your blog! I really appreciate reading about families with older kids who are unschooling.

Thank you!