Friday, February 1, 2008

Thing a Day

OK take two, tried to post earlier but my blog entry was lost.

For today I made a snow flake. It is for a trade on a yahoo list. Theme is snow flakes, yes that is it, use your imagination. So I decided to create a sculpey snow flake. Could I have picked a more difficult medium? LOL. I love it but am still trying to figure out a way to transport my treasure that it remains a snow flake and not a pile of sculpey crumbles in the bottom of the package.

I started by cutting out my snow flake with paper and then transferring that to sculpey, again not an easy process. I chose purple clay. Of course I couldn't use white, then mine would look like every other snow flake out there right. Well actually my boys tend to not use much of the purple or pink sculpey in the variety pack so we had lots extra. After it baked I added a little glitter and some copper wire and glass beads.

I am really pleased with how it turned out. Had to add a little hanger so the person who receives it can hang it somwhere, cause what do you do with a snow flake made of sculpey anyway. Here is the end result:

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi,Pam~
Funny~must be a year for purple snowflakes!Jenna made purple cut-out ones for our wall this year.
purple snowflakes are great!!
Terri