Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thing a Day 6

Today was a pot of chai. I make it weekly, and make 8 cups at a time, keep it in the refrigerator and every morning have a cup mixed with vanilla silk, relax and have a minute to myself before the boys wake up. So today was the day to make a new pot. Forgot to take a picture of it brewing but here is my nice fresh cup, already mixed with silk. If only you could see the luscious swirls of steam rising from my mug.




Here's the recipe:
4-slices of fresh ginger, I cut them as thin as I can
1-cinnamon stick
4-whole cloves
1-tsp powdered cardamom
1/2-tsp vanilla extract
1-dash nutmeg
1-tbsp sugar
1/4 -C honey ( I usually triple the recipe and then use 1/2 C honey, I have found that what the recipe calls for is just too much for me. So for this recipe I would probably use less than 1/4 cup, maybe 1/8 cup honey or a tab bit more.)
3-Bigelow Darjeeling Blend tea bags
2 cups waterBring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes then strain and combine with 2 cups of milk or silk. You can store this in the fridge easily and make a larger batch.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Mmmmm! That sounds yummy!

Aynex Mercado said...

I'm printing this. Thanks.