Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 15


Today I made a bag out of bags. I picked up the idea from Iggy Jingles Blog and she had a link to the instructions on Gooseflesh blog. Since I have an overabundance of those plastic grocery bags at home, just waiting for some useful purpose, this was perfect. You know I hate to throw these things away, there has to be something to do with piles and piles of plastic grocery bags. I know many people use fabric bags but I shop for a month at a time and have no where near the amount of fabric bags it would take to do that. LOL.

Anyway back to my thing a day. Making the strips of plastic was easy, crocheting with it a bit more difficult than yarn BUT certainly still easy. The bag is a bit stretchy because of the plastic but certianly durable. Thinking it would be great for the beach. May have to make a few more of these.


3 comments:

peacegoddess said...

I have stumbled upon your blog!

What a great idea for those bags! I too have an abundance of them and try to assuage my guilt at having them by using them over and over. But sooner or later they are done. I haven't yet found a place to drop these buggers off for recycling. (The grocery store in town that used to have a collection drum for them went out of business.)

So thanks for the great tip!

Deanne said...

How cool! I've been wanting to try this. Thanks for the links.

Tami said...

That is just too cool, Pam!! I love it! Maybe you can make enough of them to use for grocery shopping once a month. LOL