Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Solstice

I wanted to share my Solstice lights with all of you. It was an Imagination Tribe trade and these were the light that were sent my way. I did not make them but aren't they just beautiful. Not sure if you can tell in the picture but it is tumbled glass that is on each tiny light, so the light shines through the beautiful glass. So perfect for me. The Universe always sends us what we need right. I am from Maine originally, by the ocean, dad was a fisherman. So we lived on the water. Now I live in the foothills of North Carolina. Not so close to the shore. I miss the ocean. I think I have blogged about that before. We go to the beach at least once a year but that is not the same as living on the ocean, so I do miss that and feel a certain disconnect at times.


So the tumbled glass reminds me of the sea glass we would pick up at the shore. The colors remind me of the ocean, with the blues and greens. Now the lights are sitting on my bookshelf in the kitchen, beside my pinwheel for peace, some sand from the peace mandala when the Tibetan Monks were in Charlotte creating the mandala, a picture of my boys, and a wine glass with a bird nest inside. A treasure.

No comments: