Friday, September 21, 2007

The View From My Computer

We had a wonderful day bowling with some friends and are now back home. I am just checking some e mail on my computer and looked around. It is so nice to see the boys on either side of me. They have had their own computers for some time now. It would have been easy to say "no" to the request for a separate computer some 5 years ago. After all how many 5 and 8 year olds have their own computers. But we worked it out saved up money and now they have their own computers and computer desks. I never questioned the why about it those years ago. For me it was enough that it was important to my boys, that makes it important to me. I see how much they enjoy having their own computers, playing their own games or writing their own stories, when they want. They have even decorated their desks in their own fashion. My oldest keeps his chewed gum collection as a permanent fixture of his desk, just part of the architectural interest.

It is nice from time to time to be able to look to the left and look to the right and see both my boys, enjoying their passion. In their own little world, but never far away.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

My DH custom built a desk to hold the three computers we have! DH and I each have a laptop too, so sometimes all 5 of us will be on a computer at the same time. :O