Friday, August 3, 2007

The Lion King





TOTALLY AMAZING. We went last night with some friends to see the musical The Lion King, at Charlotte's Blumenthal Performing Arts Center. Just incredible. The joy you could see in my boy's faces brought me to tears. The performance was just stunning. If you haven't already seen it and it comes close to you (or even not so close) you have to see it. The voices were inspirational, the make up was perfect for the characters, the costumes were like nothing I have ever seen before and the music....oh what can you say....just sings through your heart. The flutes and drumming....just bring chills on the back of my neck thinking about it. And after the performance meeting a few of the cast members. And talking with friends about how they did certain costume moves.

The giraffe costume, what can I say but "I want one." To be able to walk on stilts not only on your feet but on your hands as well, must be some kind of talent involved there.

Just a wonderful night, so glad we live close to a large city and can experience things like this. Was even more spectacular to be able to share this with family and friends and watch my boys as they experience it along side me for the first time.

No comments: